Monday, February 9, 2015

2-09-2015 San Nicolas

Hey Mom! sounds like that was a good lesson! And guess what I´ve been wearing sunscreen!!!!! And flossing, but I struggle with that...don´t worry I´m getting there.

I like that picture on the question. Elder J wants me to take him all around california when We both get back home. I´d totally do it he´s already my best buddy. I told him about Pt. Mugu and all of the cool things in california. Do you think you could send me a picture of Pt. Mugu? And a picture of the lego mosaic cuz I was going to show him that. 

Looks like everything is going well up there. down here it´s been going really well. We didn´t get to go clean the temple today because of logistic problems but We´re probably going to get to hike the super famous mountain next week Cerro de la cilla! look it up, it´s a super cool mountain. We had to set some zone goals to earn the privilege to go, but we have been making the goals so I think it might happen!

A lot of cool things have happened this week. we found some good new investigators and had a lot of spiritual experiences. One of these was when we had had a really good day, and we were walking back home. We walked by a boy our age in the park, we walked about 6 or 7 steps, and then Elder J and I both got the prompting to turn around and talk to him. He was having a hard time with a lot of things,and after we had taught him a bit he really did feel a lot more at peace. The Lord really did put him there in the park so we could talk to him, and we almost passed him by so the spirit had to yank us back! We´ve seen him a couple more times this week and he wants to get baptized, but it´s going to take a while because of his situations (not married but living with someone, but don´t worry they want to get married.)

We finally found E. He´s been busy with finding and doing work so he hasn´t come to church. He said that he´s going to move to San Antonio Texas in less than two weeks so I need to get this address and all before he goes. He said he found a church up there, and I think that will be very good for him to go to church in the states because they´re really strong up there.

O didn´t come to church again, he´s still been really diligent in reading the Book of Mormon and all, but I think it´s really hard that his parents aren’t helping him go to church or anything. honestly he really doesn´t have enough support in the church and it´s making me frustrated. he´s only 13 and he needs some buddies and a lot of support, even if he is a super good kid. we´re trying to encourage the members to be more active in befriending recent converts and investigators.

WE HAD A SETENTA [a church leader from the “Quorum of the Seventy”] COME TO OUR SACRAMENT MEETING! It was super unexpected. Elder Hamula. He gave a really good talk and I could understand it all! Most of the stuff he talked about was mexico specific, but one thing he mentioned was that we should be doing more temple work, and that we should be autosufficent in that by doing temple work for our own ancestors. i can´t really do that as a missionary, but you guys can!!! :) You should go again because the LA temple is the best one.

I can´t really explore my area because it´s the smallest area in the mission, and our district doesn´t have anything great, but i´m still having a blast!

I love you guys!


Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment