Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015 San Nicolas

Well, Cerro de la Silla got canceled because it had been raining this week, and then we barely missed our goals too. I´m a little bummed, but elder J and I worked super hard and I´m proud of our work. We have 3 progressing investigators right now, all of which are committed to being baptized and were all references of the members!! it´s super awesome! only one will be able to be baptized in this change, but all will be baptized within a month or 5 weeks. The one that is going to get baptized is named F, he is the cousin of the director of missionary work for this ward. he started coming to church, he always listens in sacrament meeting and the lessons, and he understands everything! he´s super cool, and we couldn´t even invite him to get baptized because he cut us off and said that he wanted to. it was cool. It´s really good that the members here are finding people they know to teach, because then that will help those people have friendships in the church and someone to turn to always. Like President Hinckley said, every recent convert needs a calling, a friend, and to be nurtured by the good word of God.

E is doing better, he´s going to the earlier ward at 9 right now and is going to leave soon. O is back and ready to pass the sacrament early as always. He´s making friends in deacon´s quorum which is really good.

Guess what. I finally gave my first talk in church yesterday(yes) I blessed the sacrament because they didn´t have enough priests, and so I was sitting up there, and My companion is giving a talk. The bishop sees that they´re still going to have time, and so he asks me to bare my testimony, about 5 mintues later, the teacher sitting next to the deacon tells me five minutes, Right before i get up, he looks at me signaling at least 10 minutes.ok.  no problem. now, I don´t mean to toot my own horn, but it was a darn good talk. elder J had just finished talking about how we can do missionary work everyday and how its important to hasten the work (I don´t really remember the details, but it was a really good talk, he talked for about 17 mintues, and he really got the members attention with a couple jokes and stories [I love elder J if I haven´t told you yet]) But I just got up and built off of his talk, talking about how we can trust in the lord in knowing his sheep that need it, and how if we ask him to find people, believing that we will receive, then we will (DC 18;18) I used a lot of personal examples, some from the mission, and some from before. That worked super well mom, thanks for that advice. It is always best to hear personal examples and then talk about the principle. together, we were really able to stir the hearts of the members, capture the trust of everyone in the ward. and now they just want to help us.

I love being in this area, even if it is the smallest area in the mission.

Oh, I thought of one thing that I want for my birthday, A letter from Nathaniel.

How is FHE going and all? I got a letter from the luke skywalker and somervilles and they said that they´re gonna write missionaries once a month, that´s really cool. come up with fun activities to make FHE more fun!

Alright, I´ll talk to you next week!

I love you!



Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment