Tuesday, June 2, 2015

2015-06-01 Cienega de Flores

Hey mom,

The truth is I don´t know. [Davis is responding to a question about whether or not he has gained weight since he doesn’t run as much on his mission.] Since I´ve gotten to Cienega my pants have loosened a lot, I´ve been pulling them up a little here and there. But last time I weighed my self i was 165lb, but I don´t know how much I was when I was in Nicolas Bravo or anything. hmmmm. I feel all right in terms of health. I don´t feel super in shape though, cuz I can´t run all day every day and do more after that. 

Farewell to Elder H
Elder H was changed out, and now I have a new companion. Elder T. He´s from...Monterrey! He´s lived in Monterrey since he was 20 and then moved to coahuila, and there he got his call to monterrey. he´s 25 years old too. But he´s a cool guy, a hard worker and he does excersize. We did go on one run this week, but only for 10 minutes because I didn´t know if he was feeling great or whatnot, he was probably fine.

This week was pretty tough, as in we worked pretty hard. A was super animated because he got his work buddies to help him out so he could go to church on sundays and be baptized. We were super excited. But in  the morning on sunday when we were filling up the font, we got a call from A, saying that his friends didn´t want to help him anymore and he had to work. Dang, we were all pretty bummed. But don´t worry, he will find a way to make it happen! One way or another!

Hello Elder T
We have been looking for families, and we found one! It´s a family of three, and when we found them, the mom said "Hey I´ve been waiting for you guys for a while, you always pass by and I wanted you to talk to me, we want to go to your church." Awesome! We still haven´t gotten to known the husband because he was sound asleep when we found them. They were heading on their way to church yesterday, but then they got a call and had to go help her mom with something, it was something urgent. Dang again! Oh well, They´re for sure coming next time!

Oh here´s an awesome story!!! First of all. the zone cienega de flores was so small this change, that they merged it again with San Nicolas, my old zone. Now there is just one zone for the whole stake of san nicolas. So, now we have to go all the way to the stake center for the zone and district meetings, which is almost 2 hours away! The super cool thing thought, is that it is my old area Nicolas Bravo! So many good things from there. Elder G (one of the Elders that was in the MTC with me) is in that area now, and he was telling me how strong my converts are, they´re all doing so well! The best to hear about was O and his family, he´s still being the valient deacon that he has always been, and now his parents are coming to church every sunday AND FINALLY V [O’s dad] WANTS TO GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder G told me his story, that he lost his job, and he told the missionaries it was because he wasn´t doing what they were saying. They promised him that he would get a new job if he started going to church...so he started, and he did! Now they just need to find the time and means to get married and then BOOM, they can get baptized and O and his family will be able to recieve temple blessings in a year! That was probably the coolest thing this week, even though it wasn´t in my own area.

Hey mom make sure to take pictures up at Berkeley, that´s cool that you saw a pacific loon. I found one of those with J one time at sycamore in febuary. I´m pretty tired from this week, but I feel pretty good, sometimes there are things that stress me out, but I can always find a way to relieve it. 

I love you mom! I´ll send some pictures

Davis


also, I don´t use gel in my hair anymore, and I saw a curve billed thrasher, northern bobwhite, verdin, and a bunch of roadrunners.



Maybe Davis doesn't wear hair gel because he cut all his hair off.

one more...found a turtle in the middle of nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment