Monday, July 6, 2015

2015.07.06 Cienega de Flores

[The email sequence from this morning:]

From: Davis Garner
Sent: Jul 6, 2015 8:49 AM
To: Jennifer Garner
Subject: hi 

Ay I´m online rite now jstsoyaknow

O´ll write you a lettah in just a few min
sincerly,

Oliver Twist (jk, Davis)

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Jennifer Garner wrote:

Oh Davis,
  Sorry, I meant to write early this morning but slept too long.

Are you there?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Davis Garner wrote:
hehehehe yes, writing the letter now

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Davis Garner wrote:
hey mom, I actually found something great for you that I read in an old conference talk, hold up...

you always ask me what I´m doing and you want to know more about how I do it, I read this in the talk of Elder Ballard "Following up" in the May 2014 conference:

Brothers  and  sisters,  can  you  imagine  the  impact  if family  and  friends  included  things  they  
are  learning from  their  personal  study  of  Preach  My  Gospel  in  their letters  and  emails  to 
 their fulltime  missionaries?  Can you  picture  the  blessings  that  will  come  to  families when 
 they  know  and  understand  better  what  their  sons and  daughters  will  be  studying  and  teaching  on  theirmissions?  Can  you  even  begin  to  fathom  the extraordinary  outpouring  of  atoning  
grace  that  will  be ours,  individually  and  collectively,  according  to  the Savior’s  promise  to  all  who  bear testimony  in  the process  of  inviting  souls  to  come  unto  Him—and  then following  up  on  those  invitations? 

there´s an invitation for you mom. I thought it would be a good idea.

Hey We had a great week!
Finally we broke the drought of not having people in church and we got 5 people there, and all of them were on time! Our most prominent investigator, M., who has a baptismal date in three weeks, Is growing strong in her faith. She is reading the book of mormon almost daily (and with her daughters) she obeys the word of wisdom, and is working on all of the papers so that she and her "spouse can get married" since they´re living in free union. She told us that in sunday morning, she felt tempted to sleep in and not go, but then she remembered how we explained the oposicion and she said to herself "NO! I´m not giving up!" she arrived to church and after, she told us that SHE LOVED IT! She said that now she had even more conviction to convince her husband to come and learn about the restored gospel. She´s already a missionary, how about that. 

A. received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday! He is super engaged in the church and is head on into learning. He just wants to learn learn learn! It´s awesome. I told him about the institute and he´s gonna go, he´s just pumped on the Gospel! I wouldn´t blame him, it´s awesome!!! He volunteered to give a talk in 2 sundays as well and it´s just great.

I have been learning a lot about challenges and blessings, a lot of times we aren´t going to know when the blessings come, and how long our trials will be, but we can be sure of one thing: That the Lord will always fulfill his promises as long as we are faithful. D&C 58:2-4 is a scripture that reminds me this.

Well I don´t know If Elder T and I will stay together another change, or If I’ll leave of stay or whatever, we´ll find out tonight. All I know is that I´ll be doing the will of the Lord, and that´s pretty good for me!

I love you. Hows Thanny! What are you guys up to?

Until Next Week,

Love Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment