Sunday, November 22, 2015

2015.11.09 Independencia



We didn`t go to Cerro de la silla today, but we did go to a famous park here "Parque fundidora" and I`m not thirsty anymore.

 















J and the empanadas that he makes

Hey Mom!

It was a good week! Another change has ended, so I have yet to wait until the night to find out if I stay or if I go. That`s probably what I don`t like. But hmmm where do I start...

With this...15 MINUTES AGO I SAW 2 GREEN JAYS!!!!!! Finally!!!! It only took 14 months! yeeesh! They were super cool, and I actually saw them with Elder Jones in the offices. it was a good last moment with Elder J, because he has finished his mission and will be home on wednesday. I`ll send the less than average picture that I got.
You have to look carefully for the Green Jay in the branches.
 Anyway, There was a good experience that we had with A. He has been progressing slowly, with reading and quiting smoking, and we went to visit him on friday. When we got there he was feeling terrible, having a relapse of some sort due to the lack of cigarettes, he didn`t feel like eating anything, and he tried to smoke a cigarette but it was just too gross for him, so he threw it out. Now, he was feeling terrible, but I was pretty happy that he was going through that and all. Not that he was in pain, but that I knew that he could his faith could grow greatly right then. I guess I felt like Ammon, when he saw the panicking servants of King Lamoni:

 29  Now  they  wept  because  of  the  fear  of  being  slain.  Now when  Ammon  saw  this  his  heart  was  swollen  within  him with  joy;  for,  said  he,  I  will  show  forth  my  power  unto these  my  fellow-servants,  or  the  power  which  is  in  me,  in restoring  these  flocks  unto  the  king,  that  I  may  win  the hearts  of  these  my  fellow-servants,  that  I  may  lead  them  to believe  in  my  words.

Anyway, sorry about the big font, copied off of lds.org. But there we offered to give him a blessing, and to go over to the chapel and do it.  We explained to him what a blessing was, how it worked, and how, by his faith, he could be relieved. We read part of Alma 15 together before as well, talking about Zeezrom sick in bed and Alma coming to heal him. This was probably the most important part:

 6  And  it  came  to  pass  that  Alma  said  unto  him,  taking him  by  the  hand:  Believest  thou  in  the  power  of  Christ unto  salvation?
 7  And  he  answered  and  said:  Yea,  I  believe  all  the  words that  thou  hast  taught.
 8  And  Alma  said:  If  thou  believest  in  the  redemption  of Christ  thou  canst  be  healed .
 9  And  he  said:  Yea,  I  believe  according  to  thy  words.
sorry again. But we gave him a simple blessing, and talked a little bit before finishing the lesson with a prayer. He didn`t look exausted nor burdened anymore, more calm and content. He told us that he felt much better, and He finally came to church this sunday! He had a good experience there as well, which makes me feel very happy. I hope to see A's faith continue to grow by his actions, because he is doing really well right now, even in his trials.

J is doing well as well, he has been able to understand so much more, now that he has the gift of the holy ghost. He was confered the aaronic priesthood as the office of a priest yesterday, and it was funny because the bishop did a priesthood inventory yesterday of how many priesthood holders of each office there were, and when he called priests, J was the only one paying attention, so he appeared to be the only priest, just being ordained seconds before. Way to be J, maybe I didn`t tell that story too great. We gave him a triple as well and he was grateful for that.

Sounds like Nathaniel is doing awesome! I`m super happy that they are doing so well and I hope that they can make it further than we ever did. I also hope that Seth goes farther in football than I ever did (I think he already has.)

ok I don`t have much left, except a dumb joke... in spanish.

¿Qué fue el último animal que Dios creó?

¿El delfín por supuesto!

So it says "What was the last animal that God created?

The Dolphin of course! it`s a pun because while EL delfín means the dolphin, El del fin means the the last one. HA


Love,

Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment