Tuesday, July 12, 2016

2016.07.11 Nuevo Laredo

Leadership training meeting (before going to the hospital)
Hey Mom!!!!
Sorry I didn´t tell you too much about the hospital last week. We stayed in the hospital and Elder L had a super cool bed that moved up and down, and I slept on a futon that they had. President McArthur´s counselor, who lives close to the hospital would bring me food. One day was fast sunday so he didn´t have to bring me food for a day, but to break my fast his wife made me meatloaf, and it was really good. (en español se llama pastel de carne)
A meaty pastel llama.
we tried talking to all of the nurses, because their were many with specific responsiblilites, but there was one that we could talk to well, and we gave her a book of mormon and got her direction! We got home by bus, that took about 4 hours, but it was ok because I printed off some talks to read.
That´s pretty good advice mom. Looks like you´re doing a great job in college. Keep going and you will get your diploma!...oh wait. I´m probably just going to mention in my homecoming talk that my little brother thanny is the cute priest on the stand (then everyone will laugh and he´ll blush) 
I still don´t know how to cook.
This was a really good week. Elder L is feeling a lot better, and so we have been able to work a lot more. We had one experience on wednesday, where we suddenly got a phone call from a member in Torreon Mexico! They told us that she had a reference for us that wanted to get baptized, and so we decided to go with him immediately. Well, he really wanted to get baptized, and we had a really awesome lesson with him, where he shared a little bit about how he was searching for the truth for 5 years, and how his friend had introduced it to him. He´s a widower, whose wife passed away three years ago. We asked if he could go to church this week, and he said that he had already asked his boss if he could get work off on sundays, well he did! and so now he has a baptismal date for the 6th of august!
We had another experience where a member had brought a neighbor to the fathers activity that they had in the church, and he told us that he wanted to get baptized too. He came to church, and it´s true, he told us that he wanted to have more peace in his life and be baptized, so he also has a baptismal date for the 6th. He´s a blind man, but he still loved church. We have a really good pool of investigators. There is a partial member family that a member gave as a reference to us that wasn´t able to come this week because they had an accident in the family, but they´re great as well and they should be baptized soon. You can see that all of these people are coming from the members. It is true that members are the best missionaries. Really, we as missionaries are called to teach full time, while members are called to find full time. That´s something that Elder Bednar said in a general conference a while back. It´s been like that for the most part my whole mission, So that means that when I get home I´ve got to really look hard and find people that the missionaries can teach, even in utah and BYU 
I put sunscreen on everyday and I drink a lot of water. I eat pretty healthy as well, at least that´s what Elder L tells the other people.
I love you mom!
Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment