Tuesday, July 5, 2016

2016.07.04 Nuevo Laredo

[Message from Mission President's wife June 27]
Elder Garner asked me to email you to tell you he won't be able to email you today. He is doing fine just busy!    He will be coming to the office Thursday for leadership council on Friday. He said he would email you then!  He's a great zone leader and we love having him here in Monterrey!
Love, Hna McArthur

[June 30]
Hey Mom!

Sorry I didn´t write on monday, the ciber´s computers weren´t working, so I talked to Sis. McArthur and she said that I could write you when I got here to the offices on thursday for the leadership council on friday. We are having a blast up in Nuevo Laredo! and we are working very hard with the members, they´re all amazing here! (or there since I´m writing from Monterrey.)

Announcement: President´s Executive Secretary asks if I can return on the 20th instead of the 18th. I think that it would be best to go directly to LAX if that was the case because there should be a direct flight, but if there was one to burbank that would be even better. I´ll talk to him to get my itinerary and I´ll let you know the next week.

Elder L is getting better. We had a great experience in the zone, because we had three baptisms in the zone that came out of no where! and this week every area will baptize! I´m so excited! Miracles are happening everyday, because the Elders are taking steps to grow their faith. It is truly wonderful.

Well I´ll write a short letter for today, but I love you! Happy anniversary! ask dad "is it everything you hoped and dreamed for?" [Davis is referring to the golfing on a trip we took that week.]

Love,

Elder Garner

[Message from Mission President's wife July 1]
I talked to Presidente and the reason he wanted the two elders to leave a couple of days later was so we could take them to the airport. Which of course we love to do!  We will be busy and unable to take them on the 18th. We have made arrangements for someone else to take them so they will be able to leave on the 18th as originally planned.
Thanks
Hna McArthur.
[July 4]
Dear Mom,

since I emailed you on thursday I haven´t really done anything, this is why:

after the leadership council, Elder L decided it would be good to go to the hospital to solve things once and for all. He was ingresed since friday and we just got out today at 4:00pm, so I didn´t really do anything. I finished Doctrine and Covenants, and the pearl of great price, so that was a productive use of my time.

Hmmm, I don´t have much to tell you, the 18th is fine. we have to catch the bus soon, so this letter will be quite short  I do apologize. But I love you and I´m grateful that you sent me awesome pictures of what you´ve been doing. Que loco que ya es julio.

This is going to be an incredible week. We are going to see a lot of miracles. I can feel it. Let´s just make the pathway bright with the faith we have, and when we walk into the darkness of the unknown, Jesus Christ will guide us, if we only have the faith to carry on.

Love,

Elder garner

No comments:

Post a Comment