Monday, July 18, 2016

2016.07.18 Nuevo Laredo

Dear Mom,

The mission home is organizing bags to donate and throw away clothes of the old missionaries. The executive secretary called me this week and told me that he would get me a direct flight from MTY to LAX. I imagine then that I will land in LAX, not Burbank, but that it will save a lot of time to have a direct flight. I have not received a printed nor emailed form of my itinerary, but I´ll check on that and will have it for you next week.
Sounds like you had a pretty fun week.We had a really good week as well! Elder L and I were  able to visit a lot of people, and we found quite a lot of new families to visit. The toughest thing is getting them to church, it´s always been like that. We start since Friday to really commit them and get them rides from the members, and then we commit the members to help us and then we go on Saturday to assure everything, and then we call others in the evening. We have members come with us Sunday morning to pick some up and then others pass by for the other investigators that they know. We had a lot of support from the members this week and there were a lot of people who committed to come to church, but this week we only had four people in church. It´s OK though, because we did everything we could to help our investigators to go to church. Some great news is that we are going to be able to baptize every week for the rest of the mission!!!! YEA!!! We have to work hard for it but we can totally do it!!!! This week we have an investigator named O, who we were struggling with a lot. We prayed for her, fasted for her, we taught her, and she prayed a lot too, and one day we arrived and said that she was going to move to live and support her parents, and that she wanted a new start and wanted to get baptized before she left. Then, two days later, she told us that she decided not to move, because her brother said that he would take care of their parents, BUT that she still wanted to change her life and be baptized! she is going to have an interview with the mission president (we can repent of all things) so if everything goes well she will be baptized this week. We´re just on standby until tomorrow, when the interview will take place.
We´re going to keep working hard! I just realized that I´ll be home in less than a month, which is pretty crazy, but it doesn´t really bother me. I would like if you could send me my classes and teachers and stuff, that´d be nice.
Love you mom!
Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment