Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015 San Nicolas

Dear mom
 
F didn´t get baptized...HE GOT BAPTIZZLED!  It was super awesome. Getting baptizzled is the same as getting baptized, but it just sounds cooler. His uncle baptized him. He had to do it twice since his foot shot up the first time. The font was super warm when we filled it up...but as always, it gets cold. Apparently it was super freezing! hahahha. F didn´t care, he was super happy. Oh his nickname is Pepin. Then he got confirmed on Sunday. MOM HE´´S SUPER COOL. He was talking about how he is probably going to marry this girl he is dating and if they do they´ll wait a year so they can get married in the temple. He invited us too, and said he was going to do it here in Monterrey, so if he actually marries her I might be able to go!!!
  

Well this change went by super fast. I´m really hoping I don´t leave this area yet. I love Elder J, I love the members, it´s awesome here. Of course you´ll meet Elder J; we have a list of things we are going to do together after our missions.

Elder J, Pepin, Davis, Pepin's uncle
I´m finding a lot of great things in my studies. I have finished the Book of Mormon for a 3rd time on my mission, and now I am reading through Christ´s ministry in the Americas again in 3rd Nephi. He gives them the Sermon on the Mount, and in 3rd Nephi 13 (Matt 6) he teaches that we should not put thought into what we will eat, what we will drink, what we will wear. If we have faith in our Father in heaven, and we live the commandments, he will feed us just as he feeds the birds in the sky (hopefully better hahaha) and clothe us just as he does the lilies of the field. I really like that song too, "Consider the lilies of the field" It reminds me of the simplicity of life, and that we shouldn´t strife, and instead trust in the Saviour. Another scripture was Alma 31: 37 and 38

Elder J jammin after the baptism with one of the ward members.
37  And  after  that  they  did  separate  themselves  one  from another,  taking  no  thought  for  themselves  what  they should  eat,  or  what  they  should  drink,  or  what  they should  put  on.
38  And  the  Lord  provided  for  them  that  they  should hunger  not,  neither  should  they  thirst;  yea,  and  he  also gave  them  strength,  that  they  should  suffer  no  manner  of afflictions  save  it  were swallowed  up  in  the  joy  of  Christ. Now  this  was  according  to  the  prayer  of  Alma;  and  this because  he  prayed  in  faith .


Selfie by O
All because Alma prayed with faith. If we strengthen our faith, then our worries will thin out, and with our fidelity to the gospel they can disappear completely.

Hey I´ve been a missionary for 6 months! Wow time flies! I feel really good with my Spanish already. Not completely fluent but I´m close!

Also, we got to see Meet the Mormons 2 weeks ago! It was awesome! The mission saw it because it came out in theaters in Mexico! We saw it before to animate the members and investigators to go see it (probably also so missionaries wouldn´t feel tempted to go to the theater because we aren´t allowed) Have you guys seen that movie? It really inspires us that even though we are all just normal people, we really can be great, and that we can share the gospel!!!!! YEAA!!!
Davis, Pepin, and Elder J

What else is going on...hmm. Thanks for the pictures of the beach and everything, I´m going to print them. Can you send me another copy of our whole family that I have in my photo album so I can print it and put it in my scriptures? There´s drug store where we can print photos that´s close.

I think that´s about it for now! I´ll send some pictures.

I love you!


Elder Garner
O and Davis with marshmallows

No comments:

Post a Comment