Sunday, May 1, 2016

2016.04.18 Huasteca

Los Payazos

Dear Mom,

That´s good that a lot of people turned up for the Mars thing. We had a really good turn out as well in a ward activity that we did. We had planned a circus, with one of the member families that are all in the circus. Well, when we started the activity, there were only about 20 people, but just as it started a lot of people started to arrive. there were 126 people there (including about 30 kids) so it was a big success. It was super fun too and a lot of the investigators could come and have a good time.

Unfortunately, many of the investigators didn´t come to church! Oh darn. I don`t feel frustrated when they don`t come, but I do feel bad for them, because they are missing out on a lot of blessings. C`mon Investigators! We did find some new investigators on saturday who came to church this sunday, but they don`t speak spanish! So we talk the restoration in english and it was a bit bumpy, but a very good lesson. In Sacrament meeting, my companion translated the first talk, and then I did the next two. Live translating is not the easiest thing to do, but it was fun and I want to keep practicing. I can do it with the conference talks I have in english on my speaker and translate them to spanish, as well as from spanish to english. I should probably pray for the interpretation of tongues in this case.

We are working very hard in our own ward and with the whole zone. We did one district activity where all of us went to one area and we split up to find people in that time. In two hours we found 6 investigators, so it was a success. Then on friday, all of the zone went to another area to invite all of the less active members and investigators to a talent show that that ward is going to have this upcoming thursday. I think we are going to participate in that, but some of the sister missionaries want me to sing that mormon missionary parody ¨hello¨, but I don`t think it`s appropriate for a missionary. That`s not very important though.

Dear mother, I must apologize, because If my mission call was to learn how to make meals from where I served, I would finish my mission and dishonor my whole family, and I would have a long interview with the Stake President and he would rake me over the coals. What do I mean with saying that? It means that I haven`t learned anything. Oh what regret. I do, however, want to learn how to make salsa from here, because it`s super good, so I`ll try and do that.

Talk to you next week, Love you!

Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment